Saturday, January 17, 2009

Soldier called 'Paki' by Prince Harry insists there are 'no hard feelings' after apology: Telegraph

By Ben Leach


Speaking for the first time about the incident, Ahmed Raza Khan, a captain in the Pakistan Army, denied the Prince was racist.
He also revealed, in an interview with the Sun newspaper, that Prince Harry had personally phoned him to apologise but said he had "no hard feelings".
The 24-year-old said: "The Prince called me by a nickname which is usually very insulting, but I know he didn't mean it that way. He phoned me to apologise and I have no hard feelings. We need to close this chapter now.
"When I spoke to Harry he told me he never meant what people may think about the so-called nickname and I believe him.
"We were close friends when we were training and I know he is not a racist. I have no reason to take up the issue again.
"Since he has apologised, I would say, let bygones be bygones."

No comments: